There are many people who spend a good deal of their time searching for the “dream” weight loss program. This is a diet or exercise program where they can lose weight as quickly as possible with as little effort as possible.
While I can understand the motivation behind this, trying to pick out this sort of information from the sheer number of weight loss programs on the market is a very difficult task.
Especially when they all seem to be making extraordinary claims that you aren’t sure are true.
Here are my top tips for selecting a good weight loss program:
1. Don’t be taken in by unrealistic weight loss claims. Weight loss programmes that promise to help you lose excessive amounts of weight in short periods of time are not safe, healthy or effective.
If you are trying to lose weight quickly, you are more than likely “starving” yourself down. And when you stop the diet your weight will rebound. Rather than going for the quick fix (which doesn’t fix anything) aim for a long term solution that means you don’t have to keep going on diets.
2. Make the weight loss strategies part of your lifestyle. This whole blog and website is devoted to giving you information about this.
3. Go for someone who is qualified to give you weight loss advice. I hope I don’t need to say too much more about this.
4. An approach that combines diet and exercise is ideal. Remember, especially for women, exercise alone isn’t enough to lose weight.
5. Don’t get too caught up in knowledge. Concentrate more on action. Some weight loss programs get bogged down in calorie details or complicated theories about which foods go with which foods. There are lots of people out there who know all the “theory” about losing weight but are still overweight. Knowledge is only power when it is applied.
6. A weight loss program that accepts everyone is suspect to me. I genuinely feel that some people are better suited to some programs than others. I don’t accept every client that comes to me because I know that my approach will suit some people better than others.
Dr. Khandee Ahnaimugan is a medical doctor who provides a bespoke behavioural programme for weight loss. To book a comprehensive assessment at his Harley Street Clinic please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0) 20 3130 4770.Google+