The Dr. K Programme
What is the Dr. K Weight Loss Programme?
A behavioural weight loss programme
exclusively for women over 40.
I created this programme to help women over 40 lose weight and keep it off, without dieting.
In this programme, clients attend my Harley Street clinic each week and see me personally for 45 minute one-to-one sessions. During these sessions, using a behavioural approach, I help clients change their habits and behaviours so that they can lose weight and maintain it naturally.
Who is this Approach Ideal For?
Women who are:
1. Over 40
2. Fed up with their weight
3. Wanting to lose between 0.5 stone and 4 stone
If you’ve struggled to lose weight with diets you’re not alone. Especially if you’re over 40, you’ll know that even diets and exercise that might have worked temporarily in the past, stop working as you get older.
What Makes This Programme Different?
It’s not a diet.
My focus with you, is to achieve long-term weight loss. Our aim is not just to lose weight, but to lose weight and keep it off.
This programme is focussed on changing your behaviour so that you become the kind of person who manages their weight naturally.
Why should I choose this weight loss programme?
I always encourage anyone who comes to see me, to look around at all the options available before they come and see me.
If you’re a woman over 40, these are the things that you should remember when looking for a weight loss programme.
1. A long-term weight loss solution
The fad diet, quick-fixes don’t work for women over 40.
2. A plan that you are likely to stick to… for the rest of your life.
Most diets and weight loss programmes employ drastic changes (they make you eat things that are totally different to your normal diet) and are often unpleasant. The more drastic and unpleasant, the less likely you will stick to it.
3. The only way to lose weight and keep it off is to change your habits.
Many diets and exercise programmes focus excessively on the losing weight part of things, but not so much on how to maintain the weight. Remember, if you only focus on losing weight, you’re liable to fall victim to yoyo dieting.
Maintaining your weight loss requires changing your habits so that it becomes natural and long-term.
4. A plan that is relevant and effective for women over 40.
Weight loss plans that are able to achieve quick results for women in their 20s and 30s are often ineffective for women in their forties, fifties and sixties. Women in their twenties can often rely on exercise to help with weight loss, but this becomes less and less effective as they get older.
Make sure that whichever weight loss programme you choose it has a track record with women over 40.
What Does This Programme Offer?
1. This programme is completely focussed on long-term weight loss.
2. Because it’s a behavioural approach we focus on small changes that fit seamlessly into your life. You have to be able to eat out, travel and enjoy life while still losing weight. Otherwise you won’t stick to the changes for the long-term.
3. This weight loss programme works using a behavioural approach, which means the focus is on changing habits to create long-term weight loss
4. I work almost exclusively with women over 40. The average age of my clients is 53.
How much weight can I expect to lose?
Part of a safe weight loss programme is setting achievable targets. This is best worked out together in the initial assessment session.
As a guide, this approach is ideal for people looking to lose between 0.5 stone and 4 stone and keep the weight off. But be aware, the more you need to lose, the longer it will take (as with any weight loss programme).
How long is the programme?
The amount of time varies depending on how much weight you want to lose. But remember, we are much less concerned with how fast or slow you lose weight, but more with how sustainable the changes are.
You DON’T want to lose weight quickly only to have it return a few months later.
How often do we meet?
After the initial assessment, we meet every week for approximately 45 minutes, with email contact in-between.
With this programme you have personal access to me throughout.
What happens in the initial assessment?
This assessment is a gateway into the Dr. K programme itself.
Before the assessment you will be sent:
1. A comprehensive assessment questionnaire
2. A food diary form
These must be completed before you initial assessment session.
Initial assessments are by appointment only.
Are there any other options?
I offer a 20 week e-course that has been very popular as an affordable option for losing weight using a behavioural approach. You can find more about it here.
If I want to see Dr. K how do I get started?
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 3130 4770 to book your assessment
2. If you would like to speak to me before booking that can be arranged. (Email or phone my office to arrange this)