This article shows some of the “gruelling diets and workouts” that some Hollywood stars have done to play particular roles.
If you ignore the movies where they needed to look overweight to play the role, you can see some pretty sobering examples of harsh weight loss programmes:
“Nothing like living on hummus and radishes”
“Was on a carrots and almond diet, working five to eight hours a day for a year to slim her already trim figure down”
“My training was two and a half hours of boxing and approximately an hour and a half to two hours lifting weights every day, six days a week”
A few points to make:
1. Most of us are influenced by celebrities into thinking that their physiques are the ideal to aim for.
2. Most of us don’t have the time or the inclination to devote the effort required to achieve those bodies.
3. Many of us get put off improving our health and losing weight, because it seems that weight loss requires extreme methods to work. i.e. killer workouts and starvation diets. These Hollywood examples reinforce this.
4. But these Hollywood weight loss regimes are not realistic for most people. Nor are they necessary. The fact is all of us can lose weight and be healthier without going to extreme lengths.
5. Health is not about drastic short term weight loss programmes. Instead it is about small, simple changes repeated every day that eventually become habits.
Dr. Khandee Ahnaimugan (Dr. K) is a medical doctor, weight loss expert and author of the best-selling book, “Slim and Healthy without Dieting”. He provides individual consulting programmes for people wanting to lose weight without dieting. Try his 7 Day “How to Lose Weight without Dieting” Email Course for FREE at www.doctorkweightloss.com