I’m always curious about the reaction of others, when my clients lose weight.
Part of this is just getting a sense of whether the weight loss is significant enough to be noticed yet. Part of it, is that I really enjoy hearing that my clients are getting compliments about losing weight.
There are a few things I’ve noticed
1. It’s usually after clients have lost at least a stone that most people will start to notice that they have lost weight
2. People are generally very reluctant to publicly acknowledge weight loss.
This is probably because
- they are worried you might be losing weight because you are unwell
- they are worried that acknowledging your weight loss makes it look like they think you were overweight before
- they are jealous of what you have achieved!
- they don’t care
3. Children will often give you the best (honest) appraisal.
4. Lose over 2 stone and people will say the most amazing things to you
“It’s like we have the old you back”
“You’re tiny now!”
“When did you get so hot?!”
Of course, compliments and other people noticing aren’t the only reason to lose weight, but they do make it that extra bit sweeter.
Dr. Khandee Ahnaimugan (Dr. K) is a medical doctor, weight loss expert and author of the best-selling book, “Slim and Healthy without Dieting”. He provides individual consulting programmes for people wanting to lose weight without dieting. Try his 7 Day “How to Lose Weight without Dieting” Email Course for FREE at www.doctorkweightloss.com
Filed under: Weight Loss Tips
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!